Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Curt[_2_] Curt[_2_] is offline

Default Windows Scripting Host popup method has stopped timing out

I have some existing vb code that uses the Windows Scripting Host
object Popup method to flash a timed message. I have not modified the
code, and it has been in use over a year. The popup occurs, but it no
longer times-out. I have to click the OK button to make it go away.
I get no error messages.

Can anyone suggest what might have happened that stops the timeout
from occurring? The only thing I can think is that, perhaps, some key
in the Windows XP Home registry got changed or is missing.

Here is a snippet of code:

Dim wsh As Object

Set wsh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
wsh.Popup "Highlighting completed.", 2, "Done"

Thanks,
Curt