Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ABM ABM is offline

Default Access Memo field to Excel Textbox

I am trying to write an Access memo field into an Excel TextBox from the
drawing toolbar. For some reason if the memo field is over 255 characters
nothing will appear. I know a textbox will hold more than 255 characters. I
am trying to use 1 Excel template file to create spreadsheets that contain
data and 1 of 5 different comments. I thought I could just write the message
in a textbox by using this

oWorksheet.Shapes("TextBox").OLEFormat.Object.Text = rcd_Letters!LetterComment

Works as long as the comment is <= 255. Any ideas on how to write a
paragraph of variable text to Excel would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q213802
XL2000: How to Copy Text to Text Boxes Using the Characters Method

XL: Passed Strings Longer Than 255 Characters Are Truncated
(xl 2000, 2002)

do it 250 at a time using the characters method

Tom Ogilvy