Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Access to Excel memo-type field transfer

Is there a special formatting I can use in an Excel spreadsheet so it can
accept the full text from an Access query that has a Memo field-type column
(called Resolution) which can sometimes have more than 255 characters. In
Access, I can display the entire content of the column, but when I transfer
to Excel, the text gets cutoff. I have tried formatting the Excel column as
"Text" but to no avail.
--
Caloyski
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am having the exact same problem right now. I have tried Exporting the
query, as well as choosing from Tools to Analyze the results in Excel, but
both cut off the text. Choosing a single cell in Access and copying and
pasting the text within the cell into Word allows for the entire text to come
through.

If anyone has more information, it would be greatly appreciated.

Stacie

"caloy" wrote:

Is there a special formatting I can use in an Excel spreadsheet so it can
accept the full text from an Access query that has a Memo field-type column
(called Resolution) which can sometimes have more than 255 characters. In
Access, I can display the entire content of the column, but when I transfer
to Excel, the text gets cutoff. I have tried formatting the Excel column as
"Text" but to no avail.
--
Caloyski

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Access, use the TransferSpreadsheet method to send the data, and
specify one of the later Excel versions. You can do this by creating a
macro, or writing some code, e.g.:

'======================
Sub SendTableToExcel()
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, _
acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "tblCustomers", _
"c:\Data\MyExcelFile.xls", True
End Sub
'===========================

Then, add a button on a form, to run the macro or the code.

caloy wrote:
Is there a special formatting I can use in an Excel spreadsheet so it can
accept the full text from an Access query that has a Memo field-type column
(called Resolution) which can sometimes have more than 255 characters. In
Access, I can display the entire content of the column, but when I transfer
to Excel, the text gets cutoff. I have tried formatting the Excel column as
"Text" but to no avail.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures