Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Selective Recalculate

I am looking for a bit of durable code that will help me control the
recalculation in a workbook. I need to turn off the recalculation on two
sheets in a workbook and then recalculate those sheets by activating one of
the worksheets (or I could assign a recalculate button). All other sheets
have to recalculate automatically as usual.

Can anyone help me with this? My VBA skills are pretty much limited to
tweaking what I can get out of the Macro Recorder so any specifics will be
much appreciated.
Thanks,
RDW

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe you need to look at .EnableCalculation property.
See this for an explanation of the various Calculation settings:
http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsh.htm

NickHK

"RD Wirr" wrote in message
I am looking for a bit of durable code that will help me control the
recalculation in a workbook. I need to turn off the recalculation on two
sheets in a workbook and then recalculate those sheets by activating one

of
the worksheets (or I could assign a recalculate button). All other sheets
have to recalculate automatically as usual.

Can anyone help me with this? My VBA skills are pretty much limited to
tweaking what I can get out of the Macro Recorder so any specifics will be
much appreciated.
Thanks,
RDW

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the response. I had picked this website up from an earlier search
on this subject in this forum. It is an informative and interesting
discussion on the topic. I spent some hours today trying to write some code
to get the job done based on info in this site. My problem is lack of VBA
expertise. Although I understand the basic concepts here, coming up with some
workable code is beyond my current skill level. I'm kind of at the cut and
paste and change the references level with VBA.

Is it anything you can help with or can you point me to a place to pick up
some code examples?

Regards,
RDW