Ray S

Default will not recalculate

formulas will not calculate based on cells that change unless I select the
formula, not changing anything and hit enter. I have to do this to all the
formulas since each result feed another formula. It is set to automatically
calc and it use to work, any ideas?
rsorelle

It is enabled and the formulas still will not automatically or manually
update, any more ideas to try. I heard someplace that you could use the find
and replace to trick the formula into thinking that it had been edited I
think find = and replace with =

"rsorelle" wrote:

Yes it is enabled

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
check 'Tools - Options - Calculate' if automatic calculation is enabled

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"Ray S" <Ray schrieb im Newsbeitrag
formulas will not calculate based on cells that change unless I select the
formula, not changing anything and hit enter. I have to do this to all
the
formulas since each result feed another formula. It is set to
automatically
calc and it use to work, any ideas?

Frank Kabel

Hi
does the statusbar display 'calculate' and do you have a rather complex
spreadsheet?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"rsorelle" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
It is enabled and the formulas still will not automatically or manually
update, any more ideas to try. I heard someplace that you could use the
find
and replace to trick the formula into thinking that it had been edited I
think find = and replace with =

"rsorelle" wrote:

Yes it is enabled

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
check 'Tools - Options - Calculate' if automatic calculation is enabled

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany
"Ray S" <Ray schrieb im Newsbeitrag
formulas will not calculate based on cells that change unless I
select the
formula, not changing anything and hit enter. I have to do this to
all
the
formulas since each result feed another formula. It is set to
automatically
calc and it use to work, any ideas?

Niek Otten

If still no results, see

http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsg.htm

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"rsorelle" wrote in message
It is enabled and the formulas still will not automatically or manually
update, any more ideas to try. I heard someplace that you could use the
find
and replace to trick the formula into thinking that it had been edited I
think find = and replace with =

"rsorelle" wrote:

Yes it is enabled

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
check 'Tools - Options - Calculate' if automatic calculation is enabled

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany
"Ray S" <Ray schrieb im Newsbeitrag
formulas will not calculate based on cells that change unless I
select the
formula, not changing anything and hit enter. I have to do this to
all
the
formulas since each result feed another formula. It is set to
automatically
calc and it use to work, any ideas?

rsorelle

The formula is something like

cell A12 =E8-sum(a2,e2,f2,g2) etc, nothing complicated, cell A13 would be
A12-sum(a3,e3,f3,g3) etc

nothing complicated.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
does the statusbar display 'calculate' and do you have a rather complex
spreadsheet?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany
"rsorelle" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
It is enabled and the formulas still will not automatically or manually
update, any more ideas to try. I heard someplace that you could use the
find
and replace to trick the formula into thinking that it had been edited I
think find = and replace with =

"rsorelle" wrote:

Yes it is enabled

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
check 'Tools - Options - Calculate' if automatic calculation is enabled

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany
"Ray S" <Ray schrieb im Newsbeitrag
formulas will not calculate based on cells that change unless I
select the
formula, not changing anything and hit enter. I have to do this to
all
the
formulas since each result feed another formula. It is set to
automatically
calc and it use to work, any ideas?

Frank Kabel

Hi
and does your statusbar show 'calculate'?. My guess it that either automatic
calculation is NOT enabled (please double-check) or your file is corrupt
(though I've never seen this behaviour then)

--

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
does the statusbar display 'calculate' and do you have a rather complex
spreadsheet?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany
"rsorelle" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
It is enabled and the formulas still will not automatically or manually
update, any more ideas to try. I heard someplace that you could use
the
find
and replace to trick the formula into thinking that it had been edited
think find = and replace with =

"rsorelle" wrote:

Yes it is enabled