Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem with unwanted add-in !

Whilst creating a Workbook, I downloaded and installed the "Template wizard
with data Tracking" before deciding it was unnecessary. I unticked the
appropriate checkbox in Tools Add-ins and deleted the Sheet that was
storing the tracked data. Problem is, every time I open the Workbook I get
an very annoying 'Cannot open Template Wizard' and have to click on OK. Only
a small thing but I want to zap it so that it opens cleanly. I've looked for
'Workbook_open' code but cannot find any. Any of you superusers have any
ideas?

GrahamB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Look in the workbook for links or a VBA reference to the template wizard.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"GrahamB" wrote in message
Whilst creating a Workbook, I downloaded and installed the "Template
wizard with data Tracking" before deciding it was unnecessary. I unticked
the appropriate checkbox in Tools Add-ins and deleted the Sheet that was
storing the tracked data. Problem is, every time I open the Workbook I get
an very annoying 'Cannot open Template Wizard' and have to click on OK.
Only a small thing but I want to zap it so that it opens cleanly. I've
looked for 'Workbook_open' code but cannot find any. Any of you superusers
have any ideas?

GrahamB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is unclear which workbook is causing the error, but
Here is something else to try:

The template wizard puts a hidden Excel4 macro sheet in some workbooks.

In the workbook that raises the error,

run code like

Sub ShowAll()
for each sh in Activeworkbook.Worksheets
sh.Visible = xlSheetVisible
Next
for each nm in ActiveWorkbook.Names
nm.visible = True
Next
end Sub

Now delete the Excel4 macro sheet. Go into Insert=names=Define

and see if you have anything with a name like AutoOpen. or anything that
now show #REF and delete those names.

Tom Ogilvy