Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Problem with unwanted add-in !

It is unclear which workbook is causing the error, but
Here is something else to try:

The template wizard puts a hidden Excel4 macro sheet in some workbooks.

In the workbook that raises the error,

run code like

Sub ShowAll()
for each sh in Activeworkbook.Worksheets
sh.Visible = xlSheetVisible
Next
for each nm in ActiveWorkbook.Names
nm.visible = True
Next
end Sub

Now delete the Excel4 macro sheet. Go into Insert=names=Define

and see if you have anything with a name like AutoOpen. or anything that
now show #REF and delete those names.

Tom Ogilvy

"GrahamB" wrote in message
Whilst creating a Workbook, I downloaded and installed the "Template
wizard with data Tracking" before deciding it was unnecessary. I unticked
the appropriate checkbox in Tools Add-ins and deleted the Sheet that was
storing the tracked data. Problem is, every time I open the Workbook I get
an very annoying 'Cannot open Template Wizard' and have to click on OK.
Only a small thing but I want to zap it so that it opens cleanly. I've
looked for 'Workbook_open' code but cannot find any. Any of you superusers
have any ideas?

GrahamB