Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default copy data from one workbook to another

I've created a workbook that tracks data for about 100 individuals. About a
half-dozen people will be providing data on each of the 100. Unfortunately,
we won't be able to put the application on a network as a shared file, so I
opted to create-initially-six identical workbooks. One will be a master,
the others will hold the data from the individuals providing input. Then at
some point, I want to copy the data from the individual workbooks into the
master. The 100 individual records form the rows. The columns provide the
space for the five people providing input for each record. The data in any
given column from any given input person is interposed with data from the
others. That is, cell(E5) may contain data from one person, cell(E6) data
from another, etc. I've created a number of macros to help in the data
entry stage. Now I need to look at the data "importing" process.

I had thought about manually searching through each input workbook and
copying the data record by record to the master. My question is, is there a
more efficient way to do this? I know the manual way would preserve the
data that's already in the master workbook, but there has to be a more
effective way to do this. I don't use Excel (2003) a lot, so I'm probably
in way over my head, here. If someone can get me pointed in the right
direction, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bert

Look on my site for a few example pages
See this section: Copy/Paste/Merge examples

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm