Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default stop excel updating from word

I have a Word macro that opens a spreadsheet, imports a text file,
does some minipulations, saves some values to another spreadsheet,
then closes the first spreadsheet. It does this iteratively several
hundred times. I would like to speed up the process by not having the
excel spreadsheets updated until the end. Is there a way to use the
application.update=false type of code in the Word macro and have it
apply to the excel spreadsheets?

TIA

Garry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

second argument of the workbook.open method

workbooks.open "C:\Myfiles\MyFile.xls", false

the argument is actually numeric, so you can use 0 instead of false.

Tom Ogilvy

" wrote:

I have a Word macro that opens a spreadsheet, imports a text file,
does some minipulations, saves some values to another spreadsheet,
then closes the first spreadsheet. It does this iteratively several
hundred times. I would like to speed up the process by not having the
excel spreadsheets updated until the end. Is there a way to use the
application.update=false type of code in the Word macro and have it
apply to the excel spreadsheets?

TIA

Garry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

" wrote:
I have a Word macro that opens a spreadsheet, imports a text file,
does some minipulations, saves some values to another spreadsheet,
then closes the first spreadsheet. It does this iteratively several
hundred times. I would like to speed up the process by not having the
excel spreadsheets updated until the end. Is there a way to use the
application.update=false type of code in the Word macro and have it
apply to the excel spreadsheets?

TIA

Garry- Hide quoted text -

Tom,

Thanks for the reply. Your tip was exactly what I needed. I
appeciate the help.

Garry