-   -   stop excel updating from word (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/382401-stop-excel-updating-word.html)

[email protected]

stop excel updating from word

I have a Word macro that opens a spreadsheet, imports a text file,
does some minipulations, saves some values to another spreadsheet,
then closes the first spreadsheet. It does this iteratively several
hundred times. I would like to speed up the process by not having the
excel spreadsheets updated until the end. Is there a way to use the
application.update=false type of code in the Word macro and have it
apply to the excel spreadsheets?

TIA

Garry

Tom Ogilvy

stop excel updating from word

second argument of the workbook.open method

workbooks.open "C:\Myfiles\MyFile.xls", false

the argument is actually numeric, so you can use 0 instead of false.

Tom Ogilvy

" wrote:

I have a Word macro that opens a spreadsheet, imports a text file,
does some minipulations, saves some values to another spreadsheet,
then closes the first spreadsheet. It does this iteratively several
hundred times. I would like to speed up the process by not having the
excel spreadsheets updated until the end. Is there a way to use the
application.update=false type of code in the Word macro and have it
apply to the excel spreadsheets?

TIA

Garry

[email protected]

stop excel updating from word

" wrote:
I have a Word macro that opens a spreadsheet, imports a text file,
does some minipulations, saves some values to another spreadsheet,
then closes the first spreadsheet. It does this iteratively several
hundred times. I would like to speed up the process by not having the
excel spreadsheets updated until the end. Is there a way to use the
application.update=false type of code in the Word macro and have it
apply to the excel spreadsheets?

TIA

Garry- Hide quoted text -

Tom,

Thanks for the reply. Your tip was exactly what I needed. I
appeciate the help.

Garry