Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Updating Word Excel Links

This is strictly speaking a Word query, but I thought the
wise men and women of this newsgroup might have some
answers!

I have a Word document with a large number of links with
an Excel spreadsheet. I have now updated the Excel source
spreadsheet and re-named it. I am trying to develop a Word
macro to edit the links in the Word document, ie replacing
the old Excel filename with the new one. The Excel source
cells are all named ranges with names like Cell1, Cell2,
Cell3 etc etc.

Any guidance with this would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Regards,
Partho

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Partho,

The simplest solution is this, if it is still possible.

Reopen the original excel document with the original name that your word
file is linked to WHILE the Word document is open, then resave the excel
file under the new name, your word links should update automatically.

--
Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com