Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Signing a macro

I have a macro I use for a spreadsheet and every time I open the workbook,
it gives the warning about it being disabled because my security is too
high. I want to keep my security high, for macros I use that I did not
write. So how can I set it up to avoid that? How can I "sign" it or whatever
it takes?

TIA

Steven

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
zz zz is offline

you can create a certificate of your own, look in the office programs folder
then find "selfcert.exe"

follow the steps to create your certificate,

then in your macro editor, select the digital signature from the tools menu

---
ZZ [underground]
Semi-musico,cuasi-poeta y loco

"Steven" wrote in message
I have a macro I use for a spreadsheet and every time I open the workbook,
it gives the warning about it being disabled because my security is too
high. I want to keep my security high, for macros I use that I did not
write. So how can I set it up to avoid that? How can I "sign" it or
whatever it takes?

TIA

Steven

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Keep security at Medium. You are still asked whether to enable macros in the
workbook, so something cannot run without your approval.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions