Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JHL JHL is offline

Default Having Trouble Digitally signing a macro

I have Office Enterprise 2007. I have an Excel file used previously in 97
and 2000. Excel 2007 is using my file in compatibility mode. I have also
tried this after converting the file to the Excel 2007 format.

I receive the following error when attempting to create my own digital
certificate.
"An error occurred during the certificate creation. Selfcert was unable to
create your certificate."

The Selfcert was installed when I installed Enterprise 2007, but I followed
instructions found on Microsoft's website to make sure that Selfcert was
installed, going thru the Control Panel and adding function. It completed
without an error, but when I then retry to create the digital certificate I
get the same error.

I don't know if this matters but I only installed Excel, Word, Access and
Outlook from the suite.

Your help is appreciated.