Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Ablity to just recalc one worksheet

is there a way to setup a macro to just recalc one worksheet rather then the
entire project?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not that I'm aware of (someone else may later make me aware of one) -
consider that if there are any off-sheet dependencies, they may need to be
recalculated to make the results on your one sheet accurate.

If constant recalculating is causing a real slowdown, you could turn
automatic calculation off and then manually recalculate when only when you
feel the need.

To set calculation to Manual:
Tools | Options | [Calculation] tab - choose Manual
to calculate manually while the workbook is in use: [F9]

"Cameron" wrote:

is there a way to setup a macro to just recalc one worksheet rather then the
entire project?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the "ThisWorkbook" module, put enter this code:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim ws As Worksheet
For Each ws In Worksheets
ws.EnableCalculation = False
Next ws
Worksheets("Sheet1").EnableCalculation = True

Dim ws As Worksheet
For Each ws In Worksheets
ws.EnableCalculation = True
Next ws
End Sub

Taht should work to disable the calculations upon opening hte workbook
then reenable them when leaving the applicaiont.

Where it says "Worksheets("Sheet1").EnableCalculation = True" you need
to enter the name of the sheet that you want to enable calculations on.

Hope the helps.

theSquirrel

"Cameron" wrote:
is there a way to setup a macro to just recalc one worksheet rather then the
entire project?- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Cameron,
Check the Help for the Calculate method.
You will see the objects that it can be applied.
(Hint: The answer to your question is Yes)

NickHK

"Cameron" wrote in message
is there a way to setup a macro to just recalc one worksheet rather then

the
entire project?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See, I knew someone would make me 'aware'! Thanks for that. Now tucked away
for future use.
Learn something new everyday here - great group effort!

"Cameron" wrote:
is there a way to setup a macro to just recalc one worksheet rather then the
entire project?- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Can't stop recalc [email protected] Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 24th 09 01:29 PM
Does manual recalc attach to a worksheet Jeff Brody Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 April 26th 08 12:08 AM
Recalc Time CLR Excel Programming 5 November 15th 05 08:36 PM
Automatic Recalc DME Excel Worksheet Functions 1 March 21st 05 08:05 PM
recalc question Bura Tino Excel Programming 2 July 10th 03 02:47 PM