Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default adding tabs and naming them automatically

Can anyone help me with code that can automatically creates a new tab with
the click of a commandButton.

I would like the code to loop through column A (starting in A2) and when it
finds a letter "X" in a row, it will automatically create a new tab and name
it with the accompanying text in column C.

Any help would be appreciated.

timmulla
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

timmulla,

Here's some code to get you started at least:

Sub add_sheets
Dim last_row As Long
Dim cell As Range

With ActiveSheet
last_row = .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
For Each cell In .Range("A2:A" & last_row)
If UCase(cell.Value) = "X" Then
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets.Add
after:=Worksheets(ThisWorkbook.Worksheets.Count)
ActiveSheet.Name = .Range("C" & cell.Row).Value
End If
Next cell
End With
End Sub

hth,

Doug

"timmulla" wrote in message
Can anyone help me with code that can automatically creates a new tab with
the click of a commandButton.

I would like the code to loop through column A (starting in A2) and when
it
finds a letter "X" in a row, it will automatically create a new tab and
name
it with the accompanying text in column C.

Any help would be appreciated.

timmulla

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Doug - that's pretty clever

How can I add worksheet tabs where the names are in B1 to (last value in Row
1)

--
Thanks for your reply & assistance.
Jimbo213

"timmulla" wrote in message
Can anyone help me with code that can automatically creates a new tab with
the click of a commandButton.

I would like the code to loop through column A (starting in A2) and when
it
finds a letter "X" in a row, it will automatically create a new tab and
name
it with the accompanying text in column C.

Any help would be appreciated.

timmulla

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jimbo213,

Try:

Code:
--------------------

Option Explicit
Sub add_sheets()
Dim c As Range
With ActiveSheet
For Each c In .Range("B1", .Range("B" & .Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
Worksheets.Add(After:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count) ).Name = c.Value
Next c
End With
End Sub

--------------------

Have a great day,
Stan

--
stanleydgromjr
stanleydgromjr's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=503

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The values I want for tab names are in row 1, not column B.
I want to create a tab for with the values in B1, C1, D1, E1, .... X1 [for
example]

Will your proposed code do that?

--
Thanks for your reply & assistance.
Jimbo213

"stanleydgromjr" wrote:

Jimbo213,

Try:

Code:
--------------------

Option Explicit
Sub add_sheets()
Dim c As Range
With ActiveSheet
For Each c In .Range("B1", .Range("B" & .Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
Worksheets.Add(After:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count) ).Name = c.Value
Next c
End With
End Sub

--------------------

Have a great day,
Stan

--
stanleydgromjr
stanleydgromjr's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=503
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=120419

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jimbo213,

Try:

Code:

Option Explicit
Sub add_sheets()
Dim c As Range
Dim LC As Long
With ActiveSheet
LC = .Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
For Each c In .Range(.Cells(1, 2), .Cells(1, LC))
If c < "" Then