Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jimbo213 Jimbo213 is offline

Default adding tabs and naming them automatically

Doug - that's pretty clever

How can I add worksheet tabs where the names are in B1 to (last value in Row
1)

--
Thanks for your reply & assistance.
Jimbo213

"Doug Glancy" wrote:

timmulla,

Here's some code to get you started at least:

Sub add_sheets
Dim last_row As Long
Dim cell As Range

With ActiveSheet
last_row = .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
For Each cell In .Range("A2:A" & last_row)
If UCase(cell.Value) = "X" Then
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets.Add
after:=Worksheets(ThisWorkbook.Worksheets.Count)
ActiveSheet.Name = .Range("C" & cell.Row).Value
End If
Next cell
End With
End Sub

hth,

Doug

"timmulla" wrote in message
Can anyone help me with code that can automatically creates a new tab with
the click of a commandButton.

I would like the code to loop through column A (starting in A2) and when
it
finds a letter "X" in a row, it will automatically create a new tab and
name
it with the accompanying text in column C.

Any help would be appreciated.

timmulla