Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Load Object

Hi Guys,
I have looked at all of your posts about going to tools references
deselecting the MISSING if that doesn't work you all recommend to add the
object. I guess were i get confused is how do you know were to find the
object for example the Date/Time picker. I am assuming you go to Browse but
from there i'm still a beginner. Thank you so much.
--
Thank you,

Jennifer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jennifer,

Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine

You are probably using a control that isn't included in the standard set of
controls that ships with Excel. Controls do not become part of, and are not
included in, the workbook where you use them. If you are using a
non-standard control, you will have to install that control on each machine
on which your workbook will be used. ASSUMING you are allowed by your
license with the control's vendor to distribute the control (and that is a
BIG assumption), you will have to install the control on each machine. To do
this, copy the control's file (listed in the "Location" text in the
"References" dialog in VBA -- select that control in the Reference list and
its location will be displayed near the bottom of the dialog), from your
machine to "C:\Windows\System32" on each machine on which the workbook will
be used. Then you must register the control with Windows. To do this, with
all programs closed, go to the Windows Start menu, choose Run, and enter the
following, including the quotes:

RegSvr32 "C:\Windows\System32\control_file_name" /u

The repeat without the "/u", where "control_file_name" is the filename of
the control.

When i go to references and uncheck the MISSING it still does not fix
these
errors. I need further explanation of how to handle the problems.

Upchucking the missing references doesn't necessariliy fix anything. All it
does it remove those entries from the list of libraries that the compiler
will look in when searching for definitions of objects and types. If a
reference that is marked "missing" is required for your project, unchecking
won't restore it. You'll get "User-defined type not defined" compiler errors
wherever you reference the objects or types that were included in the
missing reference. The compiler doesn't recognize the type or object because
there is no library in the References list that defines that object.

A basic, no frills workbook requires four references: VBA, Excel, Office,
and OLE Automation. These four references are required for VBA to do
anything at all. If one of these references is missing, you need to take
some steps to remedy the situation. First try the following: With all
program closed, go to the Windows Start menu, choose Run, and enter

Excel.exe /unregserver

Then do this again with

Excel.exe /regserver

You may need to include the complete path to Excel:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Excel.exe" /unregserver

Of course, your actual path may be different. If this does not resolve the
problem, run "Detect And Repair" from the Help menu in Excel.

If the missing reference is not one of the primary references for Excel, you
can click the Browse button in the References dialog and navigate to the
control's file (likely residing in C:\Windows\System32). If you can' find
the file and you do need it for the project, re-install the program which
put the reference on your machine in the first place, or contact the vendor
for more information.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Jennifer" wrote in message
Yeah your right it's a bit confussing.

I get two error when i open a workbook in another computer. The errors

Microsoft Form
Could not load an object bacause it is not available on this machine

and

Microsoft Visual Basic
Compile Error Can't find project of library

"Jennifer" wrote in message
Hi Guys,
I have looked at all of your posts about going to tools references
deselecting the MISSING if that doesn't work you all recommend to add
the
object. I guess were i get confused is how do you know were to find the
object for example the Date/Time picker. I am assuming you go to Browse
but
from there i'm still a beginner. Thank you so much.
--
Thank you,

Jennifer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you so much for such a detailed response. I will try everything you
have suggested.
--
Thank you,

Jennifer