Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Could not load an object because it is not available on this machi

Oh Wise Ones,
I just started getting this error last week when Excel
starts. After I click about 9 OK boxes it will load and run. What have I done
and what can I do to correct it?

"Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine"
The title bar of the message box reads "Microsoft Forms"

Thanks,
Mike

Excel 2003
XP Professional
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't have a definitive answer. Sorry.

A couple of things to consider trying:

Look in Tools | Options on the General Tab and see if there is anything in
the [At Startup, open all files in..] text box. If there is, go to that
folder and see what files are in it - could be some odd file has gotten in
there needing something you don't have?

Do a search of My Computer for a folder named XLSTART and see if there are
any files in it, if there are, it could be one of those.

Do a repair installation of Excel/Office.

That's about all I can offer - brain dead at this point.