N. Foldager

Default VBA: Where to find Excel Object model?

In a textbook I read that this object model is found by a search in the
Visual Basic
Editor using the term "excel object model". The search should return
"Microsoft Excel Object Model".

However, the search returns:

Microsoft Form Object Model (Forms)
Microsoft Office Object Model (Office)
Data Access Object Model for Microsoft Jet Workspaces
Data Access Object Model for OBDCDirect Workspaces
Object Model for Microsoft Forms (Forms)

but *not* "Microsoft Excel Object Model".

How then can I find this model?

I very much appreciate any help on this.

Best regards,
N. Foldager

N. Foldager

Bob Phillips:

You want

Microsoft Excel Objects

Thank you, Bob.

I tried to search for "Microsoft Excel Objects" in VB Editor. I got a long
list, but no "Microsoft Excel Objects"; not even a single one with "Excel".

Would you be so kind as to bend in light tubes for me: which search term
should I use, and what should the search result look like?

Or do you know another way to get to Microsoft Excel Objects (Model) ?

I very much appreciate your help as I'm getting desperate.

Best regards,

Niels

Would you be so kind as toOK

--

HTH

RP

"N. Foldager" <N. wrote in message
In a textbook I read that this object model is found by a search in the
Visual Basic
Editor using the term "excel object model". The search should return
"Microsoft Excel Object Model".

However, the search returns:

Microsoft Form Object Model (Forms)
Microsoft Office Object Model (Office)
Data Access Object Model for Microsoft Jet Workspaces
Data Access Object Model for OBDCDirect Workspaces
Object Model for Microsoft Forms (Forms)

but *not* "Microsoft Excel Object Model".

How then can I find this model?

I very much appreciate any help on this.

Best regards,
N. Foldager

JulieD

Hi Neils

did you try just 'objects'

also which ver of excel are you using

Regards
JulieD

"N. Foldager" wrote in message
[...]

N. Foldager

Hi Bob and Julie,

Thank you very much for your kind answers.

Julie, I use Office 2003

Right after my last post, I got a message from a Danish NG which gave me the
solution:

In the menu, I selected the path:

Hjaelp (Help) -- Microsoft Excel Hjaelp -- Indholdsfortegnelse (Contents)
--
Microsoft Excel Visual Basic Reference -- Microsoft Excel Object
Model

At thgat point, I got the message, that this help file was not installed.
If I wanted to install it?

Yes, thank you, please install it (you bloody ...).

The something was installed from the hard drive.

And Microsoft Excel Object Model was there!

(Strange, all options were set to "Install" in the origonal Office
installation, and I have checked this in connection with this problem.)

*Now* I can find Microsoft Excel Object
Model by a search on "excel object model" from inside VB
Editor, as stated in my textbook.

The path:

Hjaelp Microsoft Excel Hjaelp Indholdsfortegnelse
Microsoft Excel Visual Basic Reference Microsoft Excel Object Model

is easier than the search and works both from outside (in Excel) and inside
VB
Editor.

Puuuuhhh

Best regards,

Niels Foldager

JulieD

i'm still having a drink :)

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Didn't we do well Julie (not!) :-)

Bob

"N. Foldager" wrote in message
[...]

Bob Phillips

Kindred spirits :-)

"JulieD" wrote in message
i'm still having a drink :)

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Didn't we do well Julie (not!) :-)

Bob

N. Foldager

Hi Julie:

glad it's solved - (time for a drink?)

Yes!
Where can I meet you?

Best regards,

Niels
JulieD

Hi Niels .. unfortunately by the time you get here (Perth, Western
Australia) i'ld have finished the bottle :) ... Bob might have some left in
his - and he's a bit closer to you ...

"N. Foldager" wrote in message

Hi Julie:

glad it's solved - (time for a drink?)

Yes!
Where can I meet you?

Best regards,

Niels

N. Foldager

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi Niels .. unfortunately by the time you get here (Perth, Western
Australia) i'ld have finished the bottle :) ... Bob might have some left in
his - and he's a bit closer to you ...

That won't be the same.

Best regards,

Niels