Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Reading Chart Coordinates with Mouse Events

Here's a little primer on chart events:

http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"alecbowman" wrote in message
I would like to read X and Y coordinates from an Excel chart to allow
scaling
of the chart. I.e. to click on the chart to read two values from the
series
and set the scale accordingly. "Help" appears to have someting that looks
promising using Mousedown or up events;

Private Sub Chart_MouseDown(ByVal Button As Long, _
ByVal Shift As Long, ByVal X As Long, ByVal Y As Long)
MsgBox "Button = " & Button & chr$(13) & _
"Shift = " & Shift & chr$(13) & _
End Sub

I am obviously missing something vital as this doesn't appear to do
anything
at all.

Help would be very welcome!!

Alec