Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Jumping bar at bottom of screen

Excel XP & Win XP
The bar I am talking about is the bar at the bottom of the screen that
displays the names of the files/programs that are open. Obviously I don't
know the name of that bar.
I have VBA code that loops through about 25 files. The code opens each
file, copies something from it, closes the file, moves on to the next file
This causes that bar to jump around.
My question: Is there some code that will freeze/unfreeze that bar
(ScreenUpdating doesn't do it)? Thanks for your time. Otto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Otto,

What are refering is called the "Task Bar" and is part of Windows, not
Excel. You can prevent Excel from displaying each workbook in the Task Bar
with the following code:

Application.ShowWindowsInTaskbar = False

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson