Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default delete extra lines within same cell

Public Sub Test()
Dim cell As Range
For Each cell In Selection
If Not cell.HasFormula Then
cell.Value = Replace(cell.Value, Chr(10), "")
End If
Next cell

HTH

Bob Phillips

"FrankM" wrote in message
This seems kindda odd to me but please stay with me.

I have been given a spreadsheet I need to work with. One column has cells
with multiple lines in the cell. Each line is separated by a carriage

return.
Sometimes there is three or four lines and sometimes there is five or six
lines, all within the same cell. Some cells are empty or have just one

line.

I would like to eliminate everything after the first carriage return so

each
cell has a maximum of one line.

I thought maybe this could be done in a Macro or in VB but I'm not

certain.

Any ideas?