Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MS Excel 5.0 Dialog - What is this?

I'm not sure of it's purpose but I'll tell you what I'd like to do with it.
I'd like to open a workbook and have one of these pop up as a form that I
create. I'd like the data entered into this form to collect in the rows and
columns of a related 'Sheet', sequentially.

I have no idea how to program Excel. Is it possible to do this? Is there a
popular third party application designed to do this. I need help - has
anyone done this before?

Thank you for the help. This is something I've been curious about for some
time.

Matt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You might want to start at this site. It pretty much walks you through the
basics of using Visual Basic for Applications, which sort of debuted with
Excel 5.0.

http://www.excel-vba.com/excel-vba-contents.htm

"Powlaz" wrote:

I'm not sure of it's purpose but I'll tell you what I'd like to do with it.
I'd like to open a workbook and have one of these pop up as a form that I
create. I'd like the data entered into this form to collect in the rows and
columns of a related 'Sheet', sequentially.

I have no idea how to program Excel. Is it possible to do this? Is there a
popular third party application designed to do this. I need help - has
anyone done this before?

Thank you for the help. This is something I've been curious about for some
time.

Matt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Matt,
Dialog sheets are the <old way of doing this. Unless you have a good reason
to use them, look into using a userForm instead.
These should get you started:

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/userformtips.htm
http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

NickHK

"Powlaz" wrote in message
I'm not sure of it's purpose but I'll tell you what I'd like to do with

it.
I'd like to open a workbook and have one of these pop up as a form that I
create. I'd like the data entered into this form to collect in the rows

and
columns of a related 'Sheet', sequentially.

I have no idea how to program Excel. Is it possible to do this? Is there

popular third party application designed to do this. I need help - has
anyone done this before?

Thank you for the help. This is something I've been curious about for

some
time.

Matt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Also, don't forget about Data=Form . . .

Put you headers in starting in A1 of the Activesheet going across row1

for example

A1: Name
B1: Address
C1: City