Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to delete the "Insert Function Dialog Box" (dialog box only)?

How can I delete the "Insert Function Dialog Box" (dialog box only) in EXCEL
2003? I do need Insert Function, but know how to enter formulas I need.
Each time I hit the Insert Function icon in the formula bar, the dialog box
appears. When I close the dialog box, the formula bar disappears with it.
The only way I can insert formulas is to go through the dialog box - again
and again! Very slow and frustrating.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just don't hit the Inset Function icon, just type = and your formula

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"TBI''d biker" wrote in message ...
| How can I delete the "Insert Function Dialog Box" (dialog box only) in EXCEL
| 2003? I do need Insert Function, but know how to enter formulas I need.
| Each time I hit the Insert Function icon in the formula bar, the dialog box
| appears. When I close the dialog box, the formula bar disappears with it.
| The only way I can insert formulas is to go through the dialog box - again
| and again! Very slow and frustrating.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to delete the "Insert Function Dialog Box" (dialog box onl

Many thanks! I've spent (literally) hours going through books and "Help"
without success. Perhaps your answer was too simple [for some] to tell us
the easy and quick way to access formulas. You've just saved me hours of
work for submitting my '06 1040.