Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ray Ray is offline

Default VIP needed!

Hello -

I've got a relatively complicated (to me anyway) scenario that I need
help with, probably using one of J-Walk's UDFs. I think the scenario
is too complicated to explain in a posting without creating an
obscenely large post -- is there anyone willing to correspond via email
to help me solve this? I have a preliminary version I can forward to
help illustrate the problem.

If you're interested, please email to rschinzel@gmailDOTcom

TIA,
Ray

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ray Ray is offline

OK, here goes....

I need to create external links to approx 70 workbooks -- the main
issue is that the links need to be "dynamic", using values from cells
within the summary workbook to 'build" the links.

For example:
B1 = month
B2 = product type (ie either Widgets OR Gadgets)
A10:A20 = categories (ie sales, rent, etc)
B10:Z10 = Store numbers (in every other column, B-D-F-H...)
B11:Z20 = links to external workbooks

The path for the links needs to incorporate the values in A1, Store
Number, and product type. I think J-Walk has a UDF that does this with
VBA.

Further, there are 2 sheets within the Summary WB that have the exact
same structure (only difference is value in B2), so the solution needs
to be usable for both sheets. And we have new store popping up every
so often, so it needs to be expandable as well (I'm thinking something
like "if B10<"", then...else "" " will work for this). Updating the
formulas (ie changing the links and adding new ones) should be done via
a button.

I have the shell of the Summary WB ready-to-do if it helps to
clarify.....

Ideas?

TIA,
Ray

Don Guillett wrote:
It's always best to try to fully explain your problem with examples. If that
doesn't work someone will invite you to send a workbook. Or, maybe you need
professional help if it is a project.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Ray" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello -

I've got a relatively complicated (to me anyway) scenario that I need
help with, probably using one of J-Walk's UDFs. I think the scenario
is too complicated to explain in a posting without creating an
obscenely large post -- is there anyone willing to correspond via email
to help me solve this? I have a preliminary version I can forward to
help illustrate the problem.

If you're interested, please email to rschinzel@gmailDOTcom

TIA,
Ray