Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default help needed

Hi,

I am trying to record a macro wherein I would just unprotect the sheet,
correct a small error in a formula and then protect the sheet.

I start recording, I unprotect the sheet, I correct the formula and the
moment I press ENTER i get an error "Unable To Record"

I have never seen this error before.

Please Help.
Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the formula is longer than 255 characters, you may get that error.

It depends what change you want to make to the formula, but perhaps you
could make it without recording. For example, the following macro will
add +1 at the end of the existing formula:

Sub ChangeFormula()

With ActiveSheet.Range("D7")
.Formula = .Formula & "+1"
End With