Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default A continuing search

Guys,

I am hopeless as hell with the right lingo or wording when it comes to excel
so apologies if i lose you.

What I am need to do is the following.

Sheet1 has 10 cells on 2 rows. Row 1 is just labling, plays no part what so
ever. Row 2 is what i call the "Search Input" row.

What I am wanting to do is if I put a word in to any one of the 10 "Search
Input" cells, it will return the closest results on the same sheet along with
other data that is found on the same rows in Sheet2.

Sheet2 contains all the data, itself has 15 rows. When I type any text in
any one of the "Search Input" cells on Sheet1, it will input all 15 rows of
data from Sheet2 in to sheet1 some 5 rows down frmo the Search Input rows.

If i was to type only part of some text in to a or any one of the Search
Input cells, it would result multiple results in the 6 rows down and beyond.

I am now doubt asking to much but i have given up with VLookup and sumif :(

Cheers guys,

Steve.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

WeSky,

I don't have an answer for you regarding this specific question but it
sounds you are looking for WILDCARD CHARACTERS WITH VLOOKUP. I wish I
could be more insightful but I have been wondering about this my self
during my last 2 years a Excel Developer. Going to keep an eye out for
any feedback anyone leaves you as I hope someone finally does answer
this annoying issue. Best of luck man...you might want to consider
doing a search in the groups for "EXCEL WILDCARD VLOOKUP". The santax
of the responces people left for comments similar to yours isn't
explained very well and I couldn't figure it out for the life of me but
maybe you might have better luck...

-Todd