Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Continuing functions

If I have several functions located in columns throughout my spreadsheet, is
it possible to make them continue downwards, so that whenever a user adds a
new row, whether it be the 15th or the 1500th, those formulas will still be
present. Also, along those same lines, is it possible that when a user enters
data into a new row, I can make it so that borders will automatically appear?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorta.

For the first part, what is commonly done is to setup your formulas with a
blank cell check, like
=IF(A1="","",YourFormulaHere)

For the second part, you can use conditional formatting to create a border.
Selecting A2:
Format, conditional format, formula is:
=A2<""
Click on format, border tab, setup the border you want to appear.

Copy formatting to all your current cells, and a significant amount of
"future" cell to accomodate future entries.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Tech_Wolf" wrote:

If I have several functions located in columns throughout my spreadsheet, is
it possible to make them continue downwards, so that whenever a user adds a
new row, whether it be the 15th or the 1500th, those formulas will still be
present. Also, along those same lines, is it possible that when a user enters
data into a new row, I can make it so that borders will automatically appear?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I have several functions located in columns throughout my
spreadsheet, is it possible to make them continue downwards, so that
whenever a user adds a new row, whether it be the 15th or the 1500th,
those formulas will still be present.

One way in Excel 2003 is to use
Data List Create list

Also, along those same lines, is
it possible that when a user enters data into a new row, I can make it
so that borders will automatically appear?

Try conditional formatting, as another responder has already suggested.