Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Continuing functions

Sorta.

For the first part, what is commonly done is to setup your formulas with a
blank cell check, like
=IF(A1="","",YourFormulaHere)

For the second part, you can use conditional formatting to create a border.
Selecting A2:
Format, conditional format, formula is:
=A2<""
Click on format, border tab, setup the border you want to appear.

Copy formatting to all your current cells, and a significant amount of
"future" cell to accomodate future entries.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Tech_Wolf" wrote:

If I have several functions located in columns throughout my spreadsheet, is
it possible to make them continue downwards, so that whenever a user adds a
new row, whether it be the 15th or the 1500th, those formulas will still be
present. Also, along those same lines, is it possible that when a user enters
data into a new row, I can make it so that borders will automatically appear?