Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Continuing Macro

I had to step away from my desk in the middle of recording a new macro. I
didn't want to lose my work so I stopped macro and saved.

My question is, is it possible to start recording within the same macro from
where I left off?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

FSt1,
If I started a new macro from where I left off, could I then cut and
paste the 'new macro' info into the macro I had originally worked on and
delete then second macro?

"FSt1" wrote:

no, sorry.

regards
FSt1

"Jase4now" wrote:

I had to step away from my desk in the middle of recording a new macro. I
didn't want to lose my work so I stopped macro and saved.

My question is, is it possible to start recording within the same macro from
where I left off?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

yes, that you can do.

regards
FSt1

"Jase4now" wrote:

FSt1,
If I started a new macro from where I left off, could I then cut and
paste the 'new macro' info into the macro I had originally worked on and
delete then second macro?

"FSt1" wrote:

no, sorry.

regards
FSt1

"Jase4now" wrote:

I had to step away from my desk in the middle of recording a new macro. I
didn't want to lose my work so I stopped macro and saved.

My question is, is it possible to start recording within the same macro from
where I left off?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 20 May 2008 11:15:03 -0700, Jase4now
wrote:

FSt1,
If I started a new macro from where I left off, could I then cut and
paste the 'new macro' info into the macro I had originally worked on and
delete then second macro?

"FSt1" wrote:

no, sorry.

regards
FSt1

"Jase4now" wrote:

I had to step away from my desk in the middle of recording a new macro. I
didn't want to lose my work so I stopped macro and saved.

My question is, is it possible to start recording within the same macro from
where I left off?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're careful.

If you selected a different range with the recorder turned off, your recorded
macro may not do what you want.

Jase4now wrote:

FSt1,
If I started a new macro from where I left off, could I then cut and
paste the 'new macro' info into the macro I had originally worked on and
delete then second macro?

"FSt1" wrote:

no, sorry.

regards