Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default front end form

Hi

I am very very new to excel but I need to start somewhere. I have a
little project I have started BUT I w ant to make it look less like an
excel spread sheet as that will put some users off. I would like to
have a nive little form that shows on scren instead.

I know a mate of mine years ago used VB to create a front end but
wondered if excel could do this on its own!?

thanks in advance
Regards Andy T

--
For users by users - BY-users group
<http://www.by-users.co.uk
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can use a userform as an interface and hide the excel application, but
it will be visible for a very short time before this can happen, so It
wouldn't be possible to completely deny that knowledge.

Tom Ogilvy

"Andy T" wrote in message
Hi

I am very very new to excel but I need to start somewhere. I have a
little project I have started BUT I w ant to make it look less like an
excel spread sheet as that will put some users off. I would like to
have a nive little form that shows on scren instead.

I know a mate of mine years ago used VB to create a front end but
wondered if excel could do this on its own!?

thanks in advance
Regards Andy T

--
For users by users - BY-users group
<http://www.by-users.co.uk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 18:42:11 -0500, "Tom Ogilvy"
wrote:

You can use a userform as an interface and hide the excel application, but
it will be visible for a very short time before this can happen, so It
wouldn't be possible to completely deny that knowledge.

not a problem that I dont wish to claim to be Bill gates but I dont
like the numbers down the left hand sdie showing as it confuses the
uses I want to see the sheet!

All I want them to see is the data and links

where do i find info on user forms then please??
Regards Andy T

--
For users by users - BY-users group
<http://www.by-users.co.uk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See this tutorial here
http://www.dicks-blog.com/excel/2004...g_userfor.html

How to use Visual Basic for Applications examples to control UserForms in
Microsoft Excel

XL97: How to Use a UserForm for Entering Data (Q161514)
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=161514

XL2000: How to Use a UserForm for Entering Data (Q213749)
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=213749

Here are some other sources of information:

http://www.microsoft.com/ExcelDev/Articles/sxs11pt1.htm
Lesson 11: Creating a Custom Form
Excerpted from Microsoft® Excel 97 Visual Basic® Step by Step.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=168067
File Title: Microsoft(R) Visual Basic(R) for Applications Examples for
Controlling UserForms in Microsoft Excel 97
File Name: WE1163.EXE
File Size: 161742 bytes
File Date: 05/08/97
UserForms in Microsoft Excel 97. It includes examples and Microsoft Visual
Basic for Applications macros that show you how to take advantage of the
capabilities of UserForms and use each of the ActiveX controls that are
available for UserForms

Peter Aiken Articles:
Part I
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...FormsPartI.asp