Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Looking to make simple formulas

....to keep track of grants and balances for my employees. If anyone is
interested in assisting me let me know. The link to the spreadsheet is
below.
I basically want three formulas:

*If less than 120 hours but over 80 hours = 3 weeks vacation
*If less than 80 hours but over 40 hours = 2 weeks vacation
*If less than 40 hours but over 1 hour = 1 week vacation

It is the second formula that is giving me the problem. Thanks.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...XtG9uqPWf-QpDA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you are entering hours as a number (rather than a date serial):

=IF(A1<1,0,IF(A1<40,1,IF(A1<80,2,IF(A1<120,3,"-"))))

I don't know why you would want 3 separate formulas, but perhaps

=if(And(A1=80,A1<120),"3 weeks","")

=if(And(A1=40,A1<80),"2 weeks","")

=if(And(A1=1,A1<40),"1 week","")

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
ups.com...
...to keep track of grants and balances for my employees. If anyone is
interested in assisting me let me know. The link to the spreadsheet is
below.
I basically want three formulas:

*If less than 120 hours but over 80 hours = 3 weeks vacation
*If less than 80 hours but over 40 hours = 2 weeks vacation
*If less than 40 hours but over 1 hour = 1 week vacation

It is the second formula that is giving me the problem. Thanks.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...XtG9uqPWf-QpDA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I used Tom's sugestion and it worked great but I wanted to thank you
for your time.

On Jan 1, 12:21 pm, "Don Guillett" wrote:
try
=ROUNDUP(E1/40,0)
--
Don Guillett