Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default HELP!!! I need to make a simple formula!

I am going crazy trying to figure this out myself! All I want to do is use a
formula to do this: Add the first 4 columns together to get a total. Then
subtract fromt he total to get a final balance. I will just be using simple
numbers no decimals or anything complicated.

A+B+C+D=SUM -F=Balance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUM(A1:D1)-F1 entered in G1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 09:49:02 -0800, teacher206
wrote:

I am going crazy trying to figure this out myself! All I want to do is use a
formula to do this: Add the first 4 columns together to get a total. Then
subtract fromt he total to get a final balance. I will just be using simple
numbers no decimals or anything complicated.

A+B+C+D=SUM -F=Balance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming the numbers have been typed into cells A1,b1,c1,d1 and f1
=A1+B1+C1+D1-F1
or
=SUM(A1:D1)-F1
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"teacher206" wrote in message
I am going crazy trying to figure this out myself! All I want to do is
use a
formula to do this: Add the first 4 columns together to get a total. Then
subtract fromt he total to get a final balance. I will just be using
simple
numbers no decimals or anything complicated.

A+B+C+D=SUM -F=Balance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In cell A 1 I have 1.

In cell B 1 I have 2.

In cell C 1 I have 3.

In cell D 1 I have 4.

In cell E 1 I have:-

=SUM(A1:D1)

This returns a total of 10.

In cell F 1 I have 6.

In cell G 1 I have:-

=(E1-F1)

This returns a total of 4.

The above seems to give you what you want.

If you agree please hit Yes.

Thanks.

"teacher206" wrote:

I am going crazy trying to figure this out myself! All I want to do is use a
formula to do this: Add the first 4 columns together to get a total. Then
subtract fromt he total to get a final balance. I will just be using simple
numbers no decimals or anything complicated.

A+B+C+D=SUM -F=Balance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So your formula is

A+B+C+D-F

What exactly is the issue? (other than you had multiple = signs in your
posted formula that were not necessary)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"teacher206" wrote:

I am going crazy trying to figure this out myself! All I want to do is use a
formula to do this: Add the first 4 columns together to get a total. Then
subtract fromt he total to get a final balance. I will just be using simple
numbers no decimals or anything complicated.

A+B+C+D=SUM -F=Balance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

All I want to do is use a formula to do this:

=SUM(A1:D1, -F1)

Add the first 4 columns together...

If it's really columns...

=SUM(A:D, -F1)

= = =
HTH
Dana DeLouis

On 1/8/2010 12:49 PM, teacher206 wrote:
I am going crazy trying to figure this out myself! All I want to do is use a
formula to do this: Add the first 4 columns together to get a total. Then
subtract fromt he total to get a final balance. I will just be using simple
numbers no decimals or anything complicated.

A+B+C+D=SUM -F=Balance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

see responses to your posting in other newsgroups

--
Regards
Roger Govier

signature database 4756 (20100109) __________