Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem with ATPVBAEN.XLA

Hi

I'm having problems with the Data Analysis Random Number Generator.
If I record putting random nums in some cells I get this bit of VBA:

Application.Run "ATPVBAEN.XLA!Random", ActiveSheet.Range("$A$1:$A$10"), 1,
10, 2, , 0, 1

When I re-run it it gives a VB error:

Run-time error '1004':
The macro " connot be found.

Repeating the same thing on an older PC it gives the same bit of code and
will re-run.
The strange thing is that it HAS re-run on the first PC before - as part of
a larger simulation program.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or got any ideas as to what may be the
problem?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Zaman

Do you have the Analysis Toolpak - VBA listed under ToolsAdd-Ins...? If you
do, then check it, if you don't, re-run setup and select full install

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Zaman" wrote in message
Hi

I'm having problems with the Data Analysis Random Number Generator.
If I record putting random nums in some cells I get this bit of VBA:

Application.Run "ATPVBAEN.XLA!Random", ActiveSheet.Range("$A$1:$A$10"), 1,
10, 2, , 0, 1

When I re-run it it gives a VB error:

Run-time error '1004':
The macro " connot be found.

Repeating the same thing on an older PC it gives the same bit of code and
will re-run.
The strange thing is that it HAS re-run on the first PC before - as part
of
a larger simulation program.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or got any ideas as to what may be the
problem?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nick

Yup - Toolpack is installed. And the random numbers still work directly from
teh menu.
I can also see atpvbaen.xls/xla in the VBAProject window! So it's clearly
something minor...

Thanks