Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default atpvbaen.xls

I wish to have "atpvbaen.xls" checked on every excel file opened.
Currently, I must get into VBE, tools, references, and check atvbaen.xls box
in order to use 'yield' and 'price' functions in code.
How do I get a permanent setting for any/all spreadsheets I may open?
thanks, mike allen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Isn't this the Analysis Tool Pack file;
which is an Add-In, isn't it?
So at the menu, go Tools, Add-Ins...
Browse for,,, and or place Check-mark in
Box adjacent to it
HTH

"mike allen" wrote in message
I wish to have "atpvbaen.xls" checked on every excel file opened.
Currently, I must get into VBE, tools, references, and check atvbaen.xls

box
in order to use 'yield' and 'price' functions in code.
How do I get a permanent setting for any/all spreadsheets I may open?
thanks, mike allen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I always have had Analysis ToolPak checked. This does allow 'yield' and
'price' to work, but only on the spreadsheet, not in code. It was pointed
out that these 2 functions were usable in code if i checked 'atpvbaen.xls'
in VBE, tools, references. I did this, it worked, but only for that
particular file. I was just hoping for a more permanent solution. thanks,
mike allen

"mike allen" wrote in message
I wish to have "atpvbaen.xls" checked on every excel file opened.
Currently, I must get into VBE, tools, references, and check atvbaen.xls

box
in order to use 'yield' and 'price' functions in code.
How do I get a permanent setting for any/all spreadsheets I may open?
thanks, mike allen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use
res = application.Run("Atpvbaen.xla!Price", arg1, . . .,arglast)

from the immediate window as a demonstration

?
application.Run("Atpvbaen.xla!Price","2/15/91","11/15/99",0.0575,0.065,100,2
,0)
95.042874399392

This doesn't require a reference, only the Analysis Toolpak - VBA
(atpvbaen.xla) is loaded .

Tom Ogilvy

"mike allen" wrote in message
I wish to have "atpvbaen.xls" checked on every excel file opened.
Currently, I must get into VBE, tools, references, and check

atvbaen.xls
box
in order to use 'yield' and 'price' functions in code.
How do I get a permanent setting for any/all spreadsheets I may open?
thanks, mike allen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you use a template file for new files, in that template you can set the
reference to ATPVBAEN.XLA. Search Help for more information on template files.

This will only affect NEWLY CREATED workbooks. There's no way to change the
references in existing workbooks except by doing it manually or creating a
macro that will open all of the needed books in turn, set the reference, and
resave.