Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Merging Spreadsheet and matching data...

Dave O wrote:
It's likely very possible, but we'd need to see some sample data so we
know what data points are available to work with. Please post sample
data.

Ok... My main spreadsheet (tab delimited file) I have it setup as
follows:

A B C

ProductID49483 Brief Description Image.jpg 3.00
ProductID93094 Brief Description Image.jpg 5.00
ProductID30940 Brief Description Image.jpg 8.00

my alternate spreadsheet (tab delimited file) is as follows:

A B

ProductID49483 4.50
ProductID93094 8.50
ProductID30940 9.50

I want to make it so that I can Import my alternate spreadsheet into my
main spreadsheet, but I only want it to alter column D on my main
spreadsheet (changing prices). I need a macro, or a formula which will
import column B from my alternate spreadsheet into column D in my main
spreadsheet. I also need this macro/formula to be able to correspond
the price with the correct productID...so it changes the correct
product to its designated price.

Any Ideas guys???