Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default merging spreadsheet data

I am manipulating large amounts of snow data using excel10. The two
spreadsheets have the same number of columns of data
A1 B1 C2
station date snowpack

but the first spreadsheet has 12 months of data for each year ,
whereas the 2nd spreadsheet has intermittent snow data for each year.
So there 24 stations, 12years of monthly (Jan through Dec) data and
therefore 3456 rows of data in the first spreasheet and only 889 rows
of data in the second spreadsheet because these data were collected
intermittently (Jan through Apr for some stations and only in Apr for
others). I've been searching for a method to coalesce the data into
the first spreadsheet. It seems that I should use vlookup or match
but I can't figure out the syntax for the function Help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jenny explained on 4/29/2011 :
I am manipulating large amounts of snow data using excel10. The two
spreadsheets have the same number of columns of data
A1 B1 C2
station date snowpack

but the first spreadsheet has 12 months of data for each year ,
whereas the 2nd spreadsheet has intermittent snow data for each year.
So there 24 stations, 12years of monthly (Jan through Dec) data and
therefore 3456 rows of data in the first spreasheet and only 889 rows
of data in the second spreadsheet because these data were collected
intermittently (Jan through Apr for some stations and only in Apr for
others). I've been searching for a method to coalesce the data into
the first spreadsheet. It seems that I should use vlookup or match
but I can't figure out the syntax for the function Help

If you want to put the data from the 2nd wks into the 1st wks, why not
just copy/paste?

--
Garry