Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hours Minutes and Seconds

That is 4 mins 49 secs after midnight, it is just the display settings.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Michael Koerner" wrote in message
Many thanks, it does seem to function as you stated, but when I insert
00:04:49 the formula box indicates 12:04:49 AM. Is this what I am supposed
to see?

--

Regards
Michael Koerner

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
When you format as mm:ss, you still have to enter the hours, so you msut
enter 00:04:49.

Sum them using Sum or the autosum, but format the results cell as
[h]:mm:ss.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Michael Koerner" wrote in message
How does on insert a column of times like 4:49 (4 min 49 seconds) When I
select mm:ss it puts it into date format which I don't want. would also
like
to be able to sum the column to get a total time in hh:mm:ss

--

Regards
Michael Koerner