Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
al al is offline

Default I need to convert 157.25 minutes, into hours, minutes and seconds.

I am doing a spreadsheet and need to convert a number of tasks that that
minutes to do each, which totals 157.25minutes, i now need to convert it into
hours. ANd no matter what we have done it will not work.
i apprecicate your help.
thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To convert minutes to hours, you need to divide by 60. If your 157.25 is in
A2, the formula is =A2/60.
If, on the other hand you want to convert to Excel time and display as hours
minutes and seconds, use =A2/(60*24), and format the cell as [h]:mm:ss
--
David Biddulph

Al wrote:
I am doing a spreadsheet and need to convert a number of tasks that
that minutes to do each, which totals 157.25minutes, i now need to
convert it into hours. ANd no matter what we have done it will not
work.
i apprecicate your help.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
al al is offline

Default I need to convert 157.25 minutes, into hours, minutes and seco

Thanks for your help David, I will give it a go.
I have never used this site before, i think i might have to add it to my
favourites.
Cheers