Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Chart not working

Hi everyone,

I know i have posted a similar question before but this is a slightly
different issue so i thought i'd start afresh.

I am trying to create a chart with a time (eg 01:15.000 [mm:ss.000] )on
the y values, plotted against a time of day. I am not selecting a data
range but adding up to 26 new series (each series has slightly
differing time of day values). However the only way I can get the time
of day x values to display anything other than 00:00:00 is to set the
min and max on the scale to the start and end time of this range eg
15:00 to 16:00.
I know I am doing something wrong if I have to do this but I CANT work
out what! Obviously the data is changeable so the start and end time of
this range will change with different data so I can't input this every
time.

My apologies if this explanation is poor but it has been a long day! I
have been working on this spreadsheet for nearly 13 hours solid and it
is driving me crazy! I am soo frustrated but if I stop in the middle of
doing this i'll have forgotten what I was doing in the morning.

A final thankyou to all of the people on this forum who have made this
sheet possible so far!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry people I have finally woken up and realised it is my fault the
chart is not working!

In fact I don't even know if what I want to do is possible.

I want to plot times against time of day which is fine for one series
like below

Time of Day Time
15:00 01:32.123
15:01 03:24:345
15:04 02:21.222

etc etc

However i want to add another series to my chart like the one above.
But the time of day is nearly the same (ie will run between the same
times such as 15:00 to 16:00) but the time of day will never be exactly
the same on the first.

I am wondering if it is possible to plot these 2 things onto one chart
accurately?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not sure I follow but perhaps you need a Scatter chart.

I tried that with a few pairs of XY values. The X axis automatically showed
hh:mm from just below the earliest time to just after the latest time of any
X value. Time values in Format Axis Scale were shown as unformatted
decimals so you may need to convert time decimal if you want to adjust.

I formatted in cells for Y values as "mm:ss.000" and the Y axis was
similarly formatted (linked to cells).

Probably easier to view the Scatters with one of the line types.

Regards,
Peter T

ups.com...