Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Where the objects are stored on the hard drive

Does anyone know where objects such as in the toolbox of vba is stored
I have some objects with an extension of .ocx, .cnt, .dep....? I want
to know where to dump them on my hard drive? I would appreciate any one
helping me!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If they are ActiveX (so registration is required), location is somewhat
irrelevant as the Registry controls access. It then becomes a question of
preference/convention, although <%Windows%\System32\ is popular.
..cnt are associated with help file AFAIK, so either in your
<%Windows%\Help\ folder or the folder of the app that the Help applies to.
I believe an app searches the PATH variable to find help file.

NickHK

"Zigball" wrote in message
ps.com...
Does anyone know where objects such as in the toolbox of vba is stored
I have some objects with an extension of .ocx, .cnt, .dep....? I want
to know where to dump them on my hard drive? I would appreciate any one
helping me!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I just registered an .OCX file the other day...

I put this in the start run bar to register it:
regsvr32 \windows\system32\MSCOMCT2.OCX

the file was called MSCOMCT2.OCX
and I put it in Windows\System32

hope that helps

theSquirrel

NickHK wrote:
If they are ActiveX (so registration is required), location is somewhat
irrelevant as the Registry controls access. It then becomes a question of
preference/convention, although <%Windows%\System32\ is popular.
.cnt are associated with help file AFAIK, so either in your
<%Windows%\Help\ folder or the folder of the app that the Help applies to.
I believe an app searches the PATH variable to find help file.

NickHK

ps.com...

HARD DRIVE DENISE New Users to Excel 7 March 11th 09 08:06 PM
Links to mapped drive change to refer to local hard drive SueD Links and Linking in Excel 1 May 8th 08 11:42 AM
Can I save to hard drive AND my flash drive at the same time? Gizelle Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 July 24th 06 08:27 PM
Save to hard drive and backup to thumb drive. sungen99[_34_] Excel Programming 22 January 27th 06 01:17 PM
Erase Hard Drive Mark C[_4_] Excel Programming 2 February 27th 04 09:24 AM