Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Where the objects are stored on the hard drive

If they are ActiveX (so registration is required), location is somewhat
irrelevant as the Registry controls access. It then becomes a question of
preference/convention, although <%Windows%\System32\ is popular.
..cnt are associated with help file AFAIK, so either in your
<%Windows%\Help\ folder or the folder of the app that the Help applies to.
I believe an app searches the PATH variable to find help file.

NickHK

"Zigball" wrote in message
ps.com...
Does anyone know where objects such as in the toolbox of vba is stored
I have some objects with an extension of .ocx, .cnt, .dep....? I want
to know where to dump them on my hard drive? I would appreciate any one
helping me!