Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default modifying a macro with a macro

I asked about this in a previous thread, and got some good references
to look at. What I'm hearing, without anyone saying so in so many
words, is that I can't modify a macro from a macro. Is that correct?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi davegb

I always delete the whole macro and add a new one

See
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"davegb" wrote in message
ps.com...
I asked about this in a previous thread, and got some good references
to look at. What I'm hearing, without anyone saying so in so many
words, is that I can't modify a macro from a macro. Is that correct?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"davegb" wrote in message
What I'm hearing, without anyone saying so in so many
words, is that I can't modify a macro from a macro. Is that correct?

That is incorrect. You can use a macro to modify a macro, using VBA's
Extensibility library. See www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"davegb" wrote in message
ps.com...
I asked about this in a previous thread, and got some good references
to look at. What I'm hearing, without anyone saying so in so many
words, is that I can't modify a macro from a macro. Is that correct?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One thing to consider is that xl2002 offered the user more security.

There's an option under: Tools|Macro|Security|Trusted Publishers

If the user chooses to not "trust access to Visual Basic Project", then your
code will have trouble making changes.

This setting is a user-by-user setting. Your code can't change it.

davegb wrote:

I asked about this in a previous thread, and got some good references
to look at. What I'm hearing, without anyone saying so in so many
words, is that I can't modify a macro from a macro. Is that correct?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tip: You can check this setting with code if you want

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

davegb wrote:

I asked about this in a previous thread, and got some good references
to look at. What I'm hearing, without anyone saying so in so many
words, is that I can't modify a macro from a macro. Is that correct?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron de Bruin wrote:
Tip: You can check this setting with code if you want

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

Thanks for all your replies. I must have misunderstood the previous
posts on this topic. Will continue my research to see if this is
feasible.

As for access to the macros, they're all written by me, so I shouldn't
have any problem there.

davegb wrote:

I asked about this in a previous thread, and got some good references
to look at. What I'm hearing, without anyone saying so in so many
words, is that I can't modify a macro from a macro. Is that correct?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave Peterson wrote:
But are you the only person who will run them?

No, another person will be running them. Does that make a difference?
She doesn't write code, so she won't be modifying them. It's a special
app that only she uses for one specific purpose in one specific
spreadsheet.

davegb wrote:

I asked about this in a previous thread, and got some good references
to look at. What I'm hearing, without anyone saying so in so many
words, is that I can't modify a macro from a macro. Is that correct?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave Peterson wrote:
You'll want to change that security level on her pc so that your code won't blow
up when it tries to access the project.

Does this apply to Office 2000?