Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default can't copy conditional format formulas in Excel 2003

I've tried using the format painter as well as paste special - formats. The
results are an absolute reference to the conditional format formula I've
copied from, and not reference to the cells I've copied the formula to. I
have to go in and manually edit the formula. Please advise if there is an
easier way.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Go in just one cell.
Then go in conditional formatting.

For any of the cell references that you want to copy to other cells, click
on them and press <F4 until they are correct. So $A$4 when copied will
always relate to $A$4, but $A4 will relate to whichever row but always column
A.

Then go back out and copy the formatting on this cell to all the others. If
you have done it right, the relative parts of the references will be updated
for those cells.
--
Allllen