Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Shub

Default copy formulas without scrolling, excel 2003.

Is there a way to copy formulas in a column without having to scroll down the
column? I have several thousand records and this takes time?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Guy Lydig

Are you trying to PASTE a formula INTO a column? If so, after copying the
formula, click the first cell to which you want to copy, drag the scroll box
down to the end and Shift-click the last cell. Press Control+d to fill down.

"Shub" wrote:

Is there a way to copy formulas in a column without having to scroll down the
column? I have several thousand records and this takes time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ragdyer

Say you enter a formula in B1, and you wish to copy it down to B5000.

Click in B1, then click in the name box (left of the formula box).
Type in "B5000" (no quotes)

Hold down <Shift and hit <Enter
(This selects the range to copy to)

Hit <F2
(This puts you into the 'Edit' mode)

Hold down <Ctrl and hit <Enter
(This performs the copy to the selected range)

AND ... you're done!

--
HTH,

RD