Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Button supposed to be transparent but is not when clicked.

I used a form control to add some buttons to my worksheet. The buttons have
been set to transparent because I cannot align the text to the upper left
corner and the small size of the buttons will cut off a portion of the text.
My problem is that when I click on the transparent button, the back color
shows up, hiding the text behind the button and will not go away until I
click on another cell that does not have a button. I need the button to stay
transparent so the user can see the text behind the button at all times.
What am I doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

AFAIK, nothing wrong, that's how it works. You also set
TakeFocusOnClick=False, but the button will not be transparent, whilst it's
being clicked.
You can assign a macro to a Shape instead, if that is suitable.

NickHK

"LaNae" wrote in message
I used a form control to add some buttons to my worksheet. The buttons

have
been set to transparent because I cannot align the text to the upper left
corner and the small size of the buttons will cut off a portion of the

text.
My problem is that when I click on the transparent button, the back color
shows up, hiding the text behind the button and will not go away until I
click on another cell that does not have a button. I need the button to

stay
transparent so the user can see the text behind the button at all times.
What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's fine that the button color shows while it's being clicked, I can live
with that. But is it supposed to stay highlighted? Can I get the button to
the focus property to false but still no results.

Thanks so much for replying. I am new to this aspect of Excel and this is
driving me crazy.

"LaNae" wrote in message
I used a form control to add some buttons to my worksheet. The buttons

have
been set to transparent because I cannot align the text to the upper left
corner and the small size of the buttons will cut off a portion of the

text.
My problem is that when I click on the transparent button, the back color
shows up, hiding the text behind the button and will not go away until I
click on another cell that does not have a button. I need the button to

stay
transparent so the user can see the text behind the button at all times.
What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Which version of Excel:
2002:
TakeFocusOnClick is the best you do.
2000:
TakeFocusOnClick has no effect. You lose transparency as soon as the button
is clicked.

Use a Shape and assign a macro then.

NickHK

"LaNae" wrote in message
It's fine that the button color shows while it's being clicked, I can live
with that. But is it supposed to stay highlighted? Can I get the button

setting