Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JH JH is offline

Default Automation Error

I have a workbook with macros that was developed using Excel 2000. It has
been working fine.
Recently, I have Excel 2003 installed in addition to Excel 2000. So there
are two versions of Excel on my computer.
Now when I open this workbook. I received an error message:

Runtime error -2147417848 (80010108)
Automation Error: The object invoked has disconnected from its client.

And Excel freezes.
Is having two versions of Excel causes this problem?
Can someone please help me resolve this?
Thanks!
JH

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I run three versions of Excel on my machine without problems.
(though, I don't have xl 2003)

Each version should be installed in a separate folder and only
one version should be open at any time.
Also, do you have code in the workbook.open event?
If so, that could be contributing to the problem.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"JH"
wrote in message
I have a workbook with macros that was developed using Excel 2000. It has
been working fine.
Recently, I have Excel 2003 installed in addition to Excel 2000. So there
are two versions of Excel on my computer.
Now when I open this workbook. I received an error message:

Runtime error -2147417848 (80010108)
Automation Error: The object invoked has disconnected from its client.

And Excel freezes.
Is having two versions of Excel causes this problem?
Can someone please help me resolve this?
Thanks!
JH

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JH JH is offline

There is a work book open() event in Thisworkbook.
But what I noticed is when I open this file using Excel 2003, the problem
does not replicate. I can not explain what happened. I am now suspecting
somehow the necessary dll "went" over to the newer version. So using the
newer version resolve the problem.

JH