Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Including images in a tab order sequence.

I have a protected worksheet with only four cells and an image that the user
can select with their mouse.
I want keyboard users to be able to select these same items without a mouse.
They can move between the four cells easily enough by pressing the tab key,
but how do I get the image included in the tab sequence?
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Try to use :

While your sheet protected run it:
Sub EnableTab()
Application.OnKey "{tab}", "EnabTAB"
End Sub

Sub EnabTAB()
If ActiveCell.Column < 256 Then ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Select

Halim

"Colinhp" wrote:

I have a protected worksheet with only four cells and an image that the user
can select with their mouse.
I want keyboard users to be able to select these same items without a mouse.
They can move between the four cells easily enough by pressing the tab key,
but how do I get the image included in the tab sequence?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If your sheet protection includes 'Locked' objects you won't be able to
select them with any method. Otherwise you could select all objects from F5
(or ctrl-G) Special Objects then tab between them, then Esc to
re-activate the last cell selection.

Regards,
Peter T

"Colinhp" wrote in message
I have a protected worksheet with only four cells and an image that the

user
can select with their mouse.
I want keyboard users to be able to select these same items without a

mouse.
They can move between the four cells easily enough by pressing the tab

key,
but how do I get the image included in the tab sequence?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
What I would like to do is 'attach' the image somehow to a cell which I
could then unprotect and the tab sequence would presumably include this cell
in its sequence when the user pressed the tab key.
Is it possible to 'attach' the image to the cell in this way, and if so how
do I do it?

Thank you.

"Colinhp" wrote:

I have a protected worksheet with only four cells and an image that the user
can select with their mouse.
I want keyboard users to be able to select these same items without a mouse.
They can move between the four cells easily enough by pressing the tab key,
but how do I get the image included in the tab sequence?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You cannot attach a graphic to a cell, but..
Assuming that after cell D7 you wish to select a grphic called "Picture1" :

Const CellJumpToGraphic As String = "$D$7"
Dim LastCell As Range

If Not LastCell Is Nothing Then
If LastCell.Address = CellJumpToGraphic Then
Shapes("Picture1").Select
Set LastCell = Target
End Sub

But you need to make sure the WS is protected without the Objects option
checked and .EnableSelection is set to xlUnlocked cells.

NickHK

"Colinhp" ...