Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula that selects value from list in sequence order

I have a series of text data entries in P5:P149.
I also have data in some of the cells in Column I.

In Column K, I want to select the data from Column P in sequential order, IF
there is data in Column I. If there is not data in Column I, I want it to
advance to the next time data appears in Column I, without skipping the
selection order of Column P.

Hope that makes sense? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this...

K4 = formula to count how many records meet the condition:

=COUNTA(I5:I149)

Enter this array formula** in K5 and copy down until you get blanks:

=IF(ROWS(K$5:K5)<=K$4,INDEX(P$5:P$149,SMALL(IF(I$5 :I$149<"",ROW(P$5:P$149)),ROWS(K$5:K5))-ROW(P$5)+1),"")

key then hit ENTER.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP