Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Is there an formula to reverse the order of a number sequence?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've seen it done but I cannot mentally resurrect the formula right now.
This is a simple way to do it but it has a kludgy stipulation.

=INDEX($A$1:$A$10,COUNT(A1:A10))

Enter this in say, C1, and copy it down to C10. The numbers in A1:A10 will
appear reversed IF the cells A11:A20 are all empty. That's the
stipulation - a range of equal length below the numbers must remain empty.

Perhaps I've inspired someone to provide a better answer...

--
Jim
" wrote

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jim

Without the stipulation that A11:A20 are empty.

=INDEX($A$1:$A$10,10-(ROW(A1)-1))

Enter in C1 and copy down to C10

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP